How often should you feed a 3 month old?

My son is almost 3 and a half months old. I've been feeding him every 3 hours since he was born, but I feel like I should stretch it a bit, maybe to every four hours and just increase the ozs? How often do you feed your baby?

Asked by jacksmom1225 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How much they want when they want-
    No, they do not become obese or have bad eating habits because of it.

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It is more natural for a baby this age to eat smaller more frequent amounts. It may be more convenient for you to feed more, less often, but that may not be the best for him. You don't want to override his own ability to know when he is hungry and full. That is why it is best to feed on demand as much as possible.

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my daughter is 3 months and 1 week. we feed her 5 oz every 3.5 to 4 (usually 4) hours during the day and she sleeps from 730-800 to about 2 to 4 drinks 5 oz and wakes for the day between 645 and 8

Answer by rileymommy at 10:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Feed him when he's hungry. My daughters four months and I just feed her when she's hungry (I'm nursing) if I think she's hungry but she's not and I try to feed her she will just suck for a second then come off so I know. Remember babies have growth spurts where they'll feed more often.

Answer by Melissa15 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• When hungry. The clock really has nothing to do with it. Watch his demand, feed.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Whenever they are hungry. You're not hungry on a strict schedule are you? If you have lunch at noon but are hungry for a snack at 2 chances are you'll get a snack. No different for baby.

Answer by mamabens at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I breast fed mine every 2 to 3 hours. Or if she/he seems hungry.

Answer by janeq123 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I fed on demand, not on a schedule. Sometimes it was every 4 hours, sometimes it was every 2 hours.

Answer by ShadowRaven at 12:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My daughter is 8 weeks and she is gulping 4oz every 2-3 hours...feels like she is going through a growth spurt.
    Just feed when they want to eat... use your judgement! If she/he over eats, then you will see spit up!

Answer by AGChris at 1:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• On demand. ALWAYS.

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010