New here! I am having back/sciatic/leg pain with intercourse ... all positions. This has been happening on and off for well over a year. I had the mirena after DS#2, and thought that was the issue so I had it removed.

I am still having issues and I can't take it any more. I am only 37. I am beside myself with frustration. Any ideas??? Please help!

happyandtired

Asked by happyandtired at 9:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• See a chiropractor
    Sounds like something is out of place or a pinched nerve. A chiro can fix that fairly easily!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I forgot to add that I did that, too. For over a year. No relief!
    happyandtired

Comment by happyandtired (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• That super sucks! I went to a neurologist and they poked me 16 times on my leg and shot electric pulses thru to find the problematic area (my leg had no feeling and gave out on me often)
    ??
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• you need to exercise more. stretching exercises.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 11:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• BTW, why do you have this in politics and currents? LOL
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 11:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yeah, this belongs in HEALTH.
    I seriously doubt your birth control would disturb your sciatic nerve,though. ...sigh.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm guessing your muscles seized up from not stretching the way they normally do during pregnancy....A little yoga/pilates, particularly the tree pose followed by a strong warrior has worked well for me, several times a day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks, lovinangels.

I didn't mean to put it in politics. I didn't realize that I put it anywhere specific. It was my very first post and my deepest apologies for screwing this up. I was desperate for answers and I made a mistake. :(
    happyandtired

Comment by happyandtired (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Don't worry about it... even those of us who know the site well do that all the time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2010