Do you believe the errors effected the conclusions by the U.N. panel of Scientists on global warming?

THE HAGUE, Netherlands – A leading Dutch environmental agency, taking the blame for one of the glaring errors that undermined the credibility of a seminal U.N. report on climate change, said Monday it has discovered more small mistakes and urged the panel to be more careful.

But the review by the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency claimed that none of the errors effected the fundamental conclusion by U.N. panel of scientists: that global warming caused by humans already is happening and is threatening the lives and well-being of millions of people.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100705/ap_on_bi_ge/climate

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've read the details of the errors in the report (there's about 12 of them, some of them typos or spelling mistakes).

They are all to do with predictions of what will happen as the globe warms, not the evidence that it will warm.

So no, they in no way effect the conclusions about what is happening and who is responsible.

Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 2:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I think probably so. I'm not really convinced of human-induced global warming, so it's easy to think they made a big mistake! Convenient mistakes, though, since that's the conclusion they wanted to come to....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• For 80 years I have been hearing this bull crap.

The world is heating up, ice caps melting, we are going to burn up or drown.

or

The world is going into another ice age, we are all going to freeze.

After 80 years, I'n still here, getting tired of hearing all this stupid crap.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• LOL! Okay, whatevever. I'm still not buying it though!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think they came to the conclusion they wanted to come to. I haven't seen any real scientific evidence that supports the global warming theory. I was taught in school that the earth's climate goes in cycles, that the weather patterns vary and change all the time. I find it scary that so many people bought this unproven theory with nothing to back it up, and that a couple of people became multi-millionaires selling nothing better than snake-oil to the world!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Hell no. There is too much proof against them. Much more verifiable without all the lies and exaggerations.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• There is big money to make by the enviromentalists in the name of global warming... errrrr climate change.....   Never let a crisis go to waste, that's their motto, right?! 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Those people are idiots. Did you hear that the hole in the ozone is finally closing Opps but they are finding that that can be deadly in itself to us. Sheesh. Make up your freaking mind. Your lives will not be affected anymore in 10 yrs than it has been and we don't even really know how that is. Ice caps will never in your lifetime flood the cities not will the oceans dry up. Get over it, go clean a park or road and feel like you have done something real and stop the fsiry tale wasting of time and resources
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Global Warming: The #1 threat to unicorns!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• no.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2010