How do I take back control in my life?

Long story short, I was in Bachelor's program to get my teaching degree when I failed a non-education math class. I was kicked out of the program until the next spring semester when I could re-take that class. Well, I did and I re-entered the program only to have to leave again because of money situations. I left for a full time job that only paid $7.25 an hour. Things were going okay, then my husband tells me that I have 6 months to find a job that pays $10+ an hour. I have been looking/applying and nothing so far. My hours have been cut at work. I went back to school but changed my major so that I could work and go to school, but now I only 4 months left to find a job. I really want to start my own business (not mlm, selling, but MY own business), but hubby says no. I just feel like I should be further ahead in life. My life is chaotic and I don't like it. I don't even no where to begin to take back control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Why is your hubbs telling you that you only have 6 mos to come up with a job making that much? That is a decision you should be making...
    and IMO he should be supportive of you wanting to own your own business..
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Six months or what, precisely? Because quite frankly I'd tell him, "I don't need six months. I'm GONE. Right NOW. BYE!"

You've BEEN taking control by going to school. BEST thing you can do. Tell me, did he have anything to do with your not passing that class?

Sorry, husbands who hand down ultimatums get my back up. And make me go for my baseball bat.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching; send me a message if you would like some help with your job search.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You need to decide what you want to do, make a plan, & go for it. If your dh loves & respects you, he will support you no matter what you decide. If not, then maybe it's not your career/education plans that need changing.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010