My 4 yr old son and 9 yr old nephew sexually experimenting

well my 5 year old he is turning 5 july 10th.. just met his 9yr old cousin from Puerto Rico.. they right off the bat became best friends.. my son has never been to any type of daycare or school and is only watched by his daddy and grandma. My Nephew lives about an hour away so he is staying with us for the week. they are sharring a room and i went to check on them after i tucked them in and they were under the covers.. idk why but i got a bad vibe and told my son to get in my room..and told my nephew to stay in the room and we would brb.. my 4 yr old told me that my nephew told him to lick his peepee and he has said NO! that is yucky.. but he also told me that my nephew licked his pee pee and bum.. i told him as i had told him before not to let anyone touch him there but mum or dad or the doc, he was very innocent and blunt about the whole situation.. i then talked to my nephew who after 30mins admitted it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• um NO the 9 year old should know better!!!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Oh My Gosh! What a situation! You handled it really well though! Now what to do about the future?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i ran out of room .. i told him it was okay and no one was mad.. that i loved him very much and he just needed to tell me the truth so i could do my job and guide him... and i asked him if someone had done this to him before and he buckled up.. but to me he is also a baby he is just 9 and i dont ever want him to feel evil or like a bad person when he is older or it effect him major in his teenage life or adult! and im so scared for my son now.. i never want him to feel like a victim or sexual harassment so my question is will this happen or do some kids just do this.. i understand younger ones (like my son) but this 9 year old.. is he too old for this!! i mean kids are having sex at 11.. what should i do..i just want to save my babies innocents please help
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i think he should know better too... he is from Puerto rico.. and idk how well he is doing in the states! idk he did say he was just so excited about being here maybe he mixed up his emotions I HAVE NO IDEA! its to much for me.. and i did explain that it was not okay and it will NEVER happen again and sometimes we do things that cant be explained but if we are doing something that feels a little wrong then it most likely is wrong..
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i'd say you handled it very well. there is really no telling why this happened. it could be so many things!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think it is something that happens? I heard of stuff like this from friends. But I think the older one needs to have it explained he should not do that with his cousin.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you did an awesome job!! I know you're concerned right now, as you should be, but i doubt your son feels like a victim, he probably just doesn't really understand, which i guess is ok too, as long as he knows it is not okay to have it done or do it to someone. I do think the nine year old should have known better though. He isn't to blame though, he has obviously seen something sexual or had something done to him. I definitely think the next step is to talk to his parents and hope they are understanding and helpful as well. Good Luck.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 10:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The fact that a 9 yr old would be doing this strongly suggests that HE has been molested. You need to absolutely NOT leave him alone with your 5 yr old, this is NOT normal experimentation and play. You need to talk to his parents about this and they need to get him evaluated by a professional.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yeah, as much as you love the 9-year-old, your first job is to protect your son. You might feel mean, but whatever you do, don't leave you son alone with him. I'm sure you already told the 9-year-old it was inappropriate and no one should be doing that to him, either. So sad! Any way you can get him to counseling?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• yes.. his mother lives with my dad.. i told him everything so he can sit down and talk with her..i do think something has happen to him.. and it breaks my heart he is a very happy amazing young boy.. i tried to talk to him and he buckled up..
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2010