Help with 1st Birthday planning...

My son will be turning 1 in the beginning of August so I am planning his party and looking into the supplies and all that. We have 56 ppl on the invite list including ourselves. 4 of which are infants and won't need to be counted for plates and all that. It actually has worked out so that I can get a quantity of 56 plates, knives, forks, spoon, napkins, etc. My question is, should I get more than 56 for if people throw their plate out and come back later on for more food? And if so, how much more should I buy? I'm also thinking there might be some people who can't make it so that would put the count probably between 45-50. Sorry if this is confusing. I tried my best to explain my dilemma.

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would do 2 plates per person, and then separate plates for the cake if you hadn't already planned on that.

and don't worry about over buying, you can always use the extras later. My kids had lunch on sponge bob plates for like a month LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'd get more. You have to figure you'll need plates for food, AND plates for cake. Forks for food AND forks for cake. As far as napkins go, people usually use more than one.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Probably get extra plates and more for who you think might come or want some cake.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Always buy more than you expect in food, plates etc...better too much than not enough!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Thanks everyone! KairisMama, thanks for reminding me about the forks for dinner AND cake. I totally forgot they would need at least 2.
    Ash9724

Comment by Ash9724 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010