Should I start potty training my son now?

My son is 2 and he is starting to show some signs he is ready but I am 5 months pregnant and I am scared when the baby comes he will want to go back to diapers. He still pees at night too. My mom and grandma insist I do saying he is getting too old. Also I go to school everyday. Though I am thinking on going on medical leave at the end of this month since I am still getting sick to my stomach everyday and having some other medical issues. Do you think I should wait or start now?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 10:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would personally wait. I tried to potty train my son at 2 per my mom's suggestion but it didn't work out, then soon after he turned 3, he decided he was a big boy and in a day was fully potty trained all by himself! MUCH EASIER!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Start now. If he is showing interest, there is no reason not to. he may be done by the time the new baby comes which will be awesome.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 10:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• you could start now. im sure ur going to the bath room a lot so u might as well take him with you so he can go too! thats how my cousin did it! and let him know he is a big boy and diapers are for babies it might help! also i put cherrios in the toliet and let him aim at it so its fun! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i started potty training my son when he was about 2 1/2 and it went really slow at first but then one day he said I dont want to wear a diaper anymore so I took it off during the day and he did great peeing but still to this day has trouble pooping in the toliet. I've heard that boys mature slower so it will takes more time to get the potty training done. I also have a 3 year old little girl and she is completely potty trained I didnt really even have to work that hard with her. Yeah like Caroline2010 said the cherrios (or fruitloops thats what i used) work great.
    Branbran24

Answer by Branbran24 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010