my 4 mo old has a cough....

any suggestions...? it sounds almost croupy but i know its not because we were at the dr the other day but thats how it sounds... he has no fever or any other symptoms just a yucky hacky cough...he cant have honey or cough medicine...please help

srqmommy

Asked by srqmommy at 10:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sit in the bathroom with the doors closed while a steamy shower is running. My baby had RSV at 5 weeks old and that was what they had me to with her. The only other thing they'll do for a bad cough at that age is breathing treatments, which really helped my baby a lot. Did they test your baby for RSV? Mine didn't have a fever either. If your baby's cough isn't better by tomorrow, I'd take her in and ask for an RSV test (they take some mucus from the nose with a bulb syringe to test) and ask them to check her blood oxygen levels. My baby didn't seem that sick, but her blood oxygen level was only 70% and she was rushed from the dr's office to the hospital.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• steam from the shower might help break it up
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010