daughter dating friends stepbrother...

My daughter has had a friend, steph, for about 4 years now, but she moved to another town recently because her mom got remarried and they lost touch for some time. recently, shes been going to a lot of bonfire/sleepovers over there and hanging out with her a lot more, which i was totally fine with
...until recently when she tells us she has a new bf...that happens to be stephs stepbrother! (who is their age). for one i was mad to begin with, i didnt even KNOW she had a step brother, bc how do we know he wasn't there when she slept over all those times and who knows what went on? he lives with his mom perminetly, but he's with his dad every other weekend. they also invited her to go on vacation with them for a week this summer...which he will be going to.

Now how do i deal with this? do i let her sleep there? go on vacation? ....any other opinions on the matter?

xxDianaxx

Asked by xxDianaxx at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't see the problem with someone having there step brother live with them. If you trust your daughter then there is really nothing to deal with. I don't see what it would hurt for her to go on vacation with them either pr have sleep overs with her best friend.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• This is a tough situation. I would talk with the friends mom and dad, and let them know your concerns, and feel them out to see if they are the kind of parents that don't care what goes on, or if they are strict about sleeping arangements. Also talk to your daughter. It is not fair that she goes to see her friend JUST because there is a boy there. The relationship with this boy could possibly end her friendship. Make sure she knows the rules, and the ins and outs of being safe (no pun intended....)
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• This is a hard one, my gut screams, "NOOO!!!" Lol, but my heart is tell me that its wrong to take away a friendship that lasted so long before the brother showed up.
    I'm not sure I would let my daughter go on vacation with any family other than my own with or without a boy there. she's got you in between a rock and a hard place.
    I would talk to BF's parents, make sure rules are in place, see what kind of people they are. Obviously she wasn't ashamed or concerned to tell you, your daughter I mean, I think i something was going on sexually between the kids, she wouldn't have told you about it to begin with.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010