How do women who have an abortion

negatively effect your personal life?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 10:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unless all of the people who are so adamantly against abortion are willing to adopt babies who are unwanted, born addicted to alcohol and other drugs, go to the hospital to hold crack babies and volunteer to their time to mentor and care for children whose parents don't have the time on inclination to, then it is really none of your business.

MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I didnt say it was my belief one way or the other. Thats what is SO funny about the people voting me DOWN! LOL. I was just answering your question! THATS why. People who are prolife believe that life begins AT conception so while the life my be resting in her body and need her nourishment to survive it is no less a life them the newborn baby that need the mom to provide nourishment to survive outside the womb. And to those who are prolife SOMEONE has to defend that child just like CPS does AFTER the child arrives.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Now, to actually answer the question.........

When a woman aborts a child she kills a PERSON, who is to say that person had they lived not gone on to do great things or have descendents that do. when a woman aborts a child she kills a PERSON.....I'm just not okay with premediatated murder.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• ok. here's the thing. Its a difference of when people believe LIFE begins. It's not a matter of what they do or dont do to THEIR bodies, it's what they are doing to the LIFE INSIDE their bodies. You see?

I AGREE WITH THIS^^^^^^^^^ 100%.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You said you're interested in our answers. That is my answer...life begins at conception. I believe as human beings it is our obligation to protect life. I have a degree in Sociology and I totally understand the fear of a governement have control of your reproductive organs if they were to take away the right to an abortion. It is a scary thought to think that a woman, who doesn't want to have a baby, could leagally be forced to have one if she became pregnant. But for me, the baby's life has more weight than a mom's feeling of inconvenience. I believe in protecting life. I don't understand why my wanting to protect unborn children offends you to the point that you want to compare it to birth control.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Ok...I am going to keep this REAL simple. YOU asked WHY people believe what they do when it comes too abortion affecting THEIR life. I answered. THAT'S why they believe it. Prolife opinions are no less valid for their reasons then prochoice ones are for THEIRS. I dont understand why you asked a potentially explosive question and then people get angry and vote down those opinions that dont mirror theirs (which I find EXCEEDINGLY immature) and dont just accept their responses. You arent going to change anyone's mind they are JUST answering the Q :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree with momof020304. And for me, life begins at conception. It's not about how her abortion affects me. It's about her killing an innocent baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If it doesn't matter as long as "it's" in her body, then why don't we allow free for all abortion at 39 weeks and 6 days? It really is about when life begins, and that is an arbitrary line. You cannot pin it down to an exact moment in time.  You cannot say at 11 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes it's not human, and at 12 weeks it is.  You don't even know the exact moment of conception.  So people invent a number to let themselves sleep at night.  12 weeks.  Survival age of preemies gets lower and lower as science improves.  When science finally catches up, and we have an artificial, external womb, what does that make the ones aborted before then?  The accepted age used to be 6 months.  Preemies that young survive all the time.  How do you justify aborting one as another thrives? Otherwise, you could as easily ask, why do you give a damn if a mother kills her toddler because her new boyfriend hates kids?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It doesn't affect MY personal life one way or the other, unless one of my daughters would have one. Then she would be killing my grand-child. And yes, I see abortion as murder, just not punishable by law, the way a knife-wielding murderer, or a poisoner is. A woman who has an abortion for whatever reason IS killing a living human being. The heartbeat IS visible through an U/S at a very early point in the pregnancy, at about the time you find out that you are pregnant. And as long as there is a heartbeat, there is a life, and that life should be given the same sense of being sacred that my life and your life has.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• "I find it amazing how people who claim to be catholic can pass judgement on others. "

This has nothing to do with your question. I'm not Catholic, I'm Baptist. Your question had nothing to do with religion. I don't judge moms who abort. They are doing something that is currently very legal. It is not my job to judge man. It simply breaks my heart to think of all the aborted babies, because to me it is legalized murder. I would like to see more education in our schools about reproduction and conception. I would like to see ultra sounds performed before a woman may sign a contract to abort her baby. I think we need to offer counseling and resources to moms who are pregnant and scared and feel they are out of options.

I used to be a CPS Case Work and I've seen so much suffering. I know some feel that abortion keeps more children from being put in suffering situations. But that's not how I feel.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010