how old do you think your baby should be before you let them stay over night at grandmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DS is really close to his great grandparents (my grandparents), They were watching him while DH and I went out on date nights when he was just weeks old and staying over night with them when he was just a few months old. I suppose it all depends on the child and the grandparents though.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 10:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My oldest will be 4 yr in August and still hasn't spent the night at her Mimi's house. My babies were all BF, so staying overnight wasn't an option during the infant stage any way. But for me, I'm not letting my kiddos stay overnight until they are at least 4 yr old. My mother in law doesn't baby proof and I worry a lot.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My oldest was 2 months when he started having sleep overs, but he slept through the night! So, I would say when they sleep through the night then they could start.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When she is weaned, which I am planning on going to 2 years. So she won't be staying overnight anywhere until she is closer to 18 months to 2 years.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my mom was an awesome mom and great caregiver. She was helping watch DD and DS when they were newborns. I think their first over night was about a month old.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 10:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I live with my mother but my child is 5 and has not stayed the night with anyone ever
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My son is 11 months and has never stayed the night anywhere and won't for awhile. I'm just not ready for that and I doubt he is either. I think whenever everyone involved in the situation is comfortable with it, then its fine. (Mom, Dad, baby, and grandparents.)
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't think there's a set age. It just depends on if and when you are comfortable with it.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My daughter is 7 months right now and I can't see letting her stay anywhere else but home overnight for quite some time..I wouldn't be able to sleep without her home.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My oldest stayed overnight with Grandma at 17 months, only because he had to while DH and I went to the hospital for baby #2. Otherwise, I would never consider leaving my LO overnight with anyone before the age of 2yrs.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2010