Graduate School

I am currently getting a Bachelors in Business Administration and would like to get my Masters degree. There are other things I would like to study other than business and I am confused about how this works. Since I will have a bachelors degree, can I get my Masters in any subject I choose, such as English? Or will it have to be related to business? Any input would help. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in

• It depends on what you want to get your masters in. The graduate program will have requirements and as long as your degree complies with it, then you can take those classes.
    My friend has a BFA (fine art) and wanted to get her masters in architecture. There were all of the architecture classes she needed before she could joint the program. So you will need some kind of background for most masters degrees.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You can pick whatever Masters or MBA program you desire. Just be aware of a few things:

Masters degrees often require you to have taken some pre-requisite courses, normally during your undergrad program. Be sure to check what is required so you can get those courses in now if you are lacking any. An MBA is a Master of Arts (business, education, art), which can be very different from a Masters of Science (engineering, science, computers).

Also, most public colleges require you pass a test like the GRE, GMAT, MCAT, DAT, etc before entry. If you want to join a program very different from your bachelors, this can be a challenge. Some private colleges have different requirements, so be sure to see what's needed.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies. This is why I suggest Liberty University to people. They do not require any tests to be passed and their pre-requisite courses aren't usually that many. I got my BS in multidisciplinary studies from them and am going to get my MA in human services from them and I don't have to take any extra courses for my MA.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010