Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so hurt!!

I read a post out to my DH about a guy trying to get full custody of a child because the mother was in a relationship with a woman. I was trying to tell him how stupid I thought this was. Then he went and said that he AGREED with the guy and would do the same thing. It's not that I am planning on divorcing him, but this really hurt. And he doesn't get it. Now he's pissed. I'm REALLY hurt because of this. Any threatening of getting my child possibly taken away from me really hurts. My ex did that to me, and it was awful. I don't know what to do, how can I explain to him what I am feeling? I already did, and I can't! He won't listen!


Asked by Amber211 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 12 (884 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Threatening and actually doing are two different things. I would just say good luck with that! You tried to explaine how hurt you are and he doesn't even want to try to put himself in your shoes then give him the silent treatment lol...seriously! don't talk to him at all and see if he gets it then.

    Answer by geminisummerz at 10:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • make up some other stupid scenario in which you could try to take his kid away.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • I would tell him that he doesn't know what type of father he is but the fact that the mom got full custody shows she's doing a pretty good job of raising her children. A person who takes someone to court out of spite and not for the best interests of the children is not a good parent. Tell him if her children were taken away from her, think of how those kids would feel.

    Answer by lawmom27 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • It's silly to fight over things like that for no reason. You brought up a situation and he gave you an answer. Neither of you is going to become a lesbian or get a divorce. Just tell him later that it hurt you and ask him to please not talk like that.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • I think he overreacted some. You were only telling him about something you read, and he seemed to take it too personally. Remember also that men tend to think about things different than we do.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 11:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • Just chill out for a while. Let things cool down. Then later tell him that your feel for any mother who is trying to deal with an ex who wants to their children away.
    Breathe in and out. This is why we have special interest groups. Every one stands their ground on their own special interests. Take care and remind your self that no one is taking yoru kids.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • I would try talking to him later when the emotions have cooled down a little on both sides. Hopefully then he will be willing to listen.

    Answer by luvmycutebaby at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • yeah that is really sad but yeah see if you can switch it around to see how he would feel

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010