How accurate is that COINSTAR money machine?

If I was to go to one and had a big container of money do I dump it all in there or do I go slow and dumping carefully???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd say slow to make sure you don't jam up the coin slot.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I've done it plenty of times and just kinda feed it in there.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Dump the coins slow and carefully and gently separate the coins as you send them down the ramp. I used to work at a store that had one of those and it would often get jammed because people were in such a hurry to get them into the machine and/or have coins stuck together or foreign objects in there. The right person can get it unjammed, but often there is nobody there to fix it for you...AND if the coins haven't counted because it gets jammed, the store employees CANNOT do anything for you.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would pour it in slowly, I have actually used those machines before, and havent had any issues with it. It seemed accurate to me, and didnt jam.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yep i'd pour it in slowly, I also usualy choose a gift card so there are no fees, rather than the cash.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• dump it carefully & slowly & take your time it is really worth it at the end
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I always roll my own coins and take them to the bank. Doesnt Coinstar charge a fee?
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 4:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010