HELP! 2 yr old molars

My son's 2 yr old molars are cutting through and he is refusing any medicine, food and drink. I have to hold him down to put oregel on his gums. I seriously don't know what to do for him. We live on a military base so everything has been closed for the holiday. I was wondering if anyone has any at home remedies that will help sooth his pain other than motrin/tylenol and oregel.

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am so sorry :(
    My son who just turned 2 years old is also getting his two year molars in. We have been using tylenol (when he is in serious pain), and orajel for him too. He has been letting us give it to him, and put it on his gums. We have also been using the teething tablets that are homeopathic, we use the ones that Publix sells. I believe that Target also sells them. Unfortunately, I dont have any other suggestions.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Thanks. Ya before these molars he would take his medicine no problem. We have the hyland teeth tablets and i trade off giving him oregel and the tablets about every hour but he stills cries and says his teeth hurt. Today has been a little better than the past few days because he has actually been talking. Before he was holding all of his saliva in his mouth and wouldn't even swallow it. I'm just at such a loss b/c I just want to help him but he is fighting just about everything
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I had a girlfriend whose daughter hated medicine for the pain so she started using these tablets that dissolve which numb the gums a little and told her daughter they were candy and it worked! lol
    liltiger86

Answer by liltiger86 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My DD is getting them too. She's nursing, and taking food now, but for a few days she didn't do anything but nurse. It was rough. SHe wont take meds either and I'm not pushing them. I figure this will pass too...
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• have u tried teething tablets? we also take those tubes of yogurt and freeze them...they think its icecream so they love it and the coldness helped
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• well im sorry to hear that but no i dont have any remedies for you but i do hope your son feels better soon
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010