What is your motivation for working out, staying fit, getting healthy?

I have a busy 3 year old to keep up with and I'm trying to get my pre-pregnancy weight back...

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 10:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• My motivation is that i'll look HOT when I do finally lose weight...I think i'd be easy on the eyes, if I weren't so fat...lol I like "thin"spiration....like pictures to get me motivated...especailly before and afters. I think, if they can do it, so can I!!!!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• @CAGirl4 I hear ya! Lol. To keep me on track with my weight loss journey, I'm creating a vision board to remind myself where I wanna be--I also would like to wear a two piece bikini without my belly rolls. LOL
    gotfavor

Comment by gotfavor (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• nice! gotfavor!
    I don't know about you, but I like to weigh myself often so I know wether what i'm doing is working....so if i'm not losing, I can change things up and adjust...and if I am...it's just more of a motivation to keep on going!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i love feeling fit, having energy, looking good, i just love being healthy because of how good i feel
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Buying new pants is a pain in the butt, and none of them fit right. I exercise to avoid pants shopping. I know it's lame, but it works for me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• @CAGirl4 I think I weight myself too much! Lol. But I'm with you, to see the numbers decrease really motivates me to keep going! I'm down 7.5 lbs in 5 weeks, and I'm pretty happy about it!
    gotfavor

Comment by gotfavor (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my motivation is to get into shape BEFORE i get pregnant so that after my pregnancy i will (hopefully) bounce back sooner. I will already have a routine established which should make it easier. And because i would like to live a long and happy life, which is difficult to achieve if you don't take care of your body.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Thanks for answering ladies-- those are some great answers! Let us continue to take care of our bodies :)
    gotfavor

Comment by gotfavor (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Looking good is my motivation, I see other people who let themselves go and think "Oh hell nah I don't wanna look like that" LOL.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I didn't let myself gain too much weight when I was pregnant so it didn't take long to lose the weight. My motivation was to look good, feel good and be healthy ....I want to live a LONG life like my Gramma did...she lived to 102. SHe was slim and active her whole life.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010