I have six weeks to lose 20 pounds, what would be the best the way?

I weigh 175 pounds and I am 5'5 and would love to to weigh 155. What would you do to make the process easy and painless. I plan on cutting calories and exercising 4 times a week.Any advice would be appreciated.

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 10:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks on Weight Watchers. You can buy the books and stuff online and do it on your own if you aren't into spending money and going to the meetings every week. That's what I did. Super painless, and very easy. I highly recommend it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Stop the soda's. drink plenty of water and don't eat any snacks after dinner.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The easiest way for most people is to diet since they hate going to the gym. But I would recommend a high protein, low carb diet. Do not deprive yourself of food just be aware of what you eat. Protein keeps you fuller longer. In the morning, try eggs and one piece of whole wheat toat. Cut out juices and soda. Drink lots of water. Smaller portions of carbs is key. Eat more proteins..i.e. fish and lean meats such as chicken, tuna. Exercising is great but cardio will help you shed them quicker along with lifting small wieghts. You never want to feel hungry. Keep around healthy snacks such as almonds to keep from eating the bad stuff. Keep full with the good stuff so you aren't tempted. Try to stay away from dairy and breads as much as you can.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My favorite book on the topic is The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone! That book is so inspiring!!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 10:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• no sodas and watch your cals. Almonds are awesome as a snack too because they make you feel full
    rebel_mommy09

Answer by rebel_mommy09 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Drink lots of water (ABSOLUTELY NO SODA NO JUNK FOOD NO SUGARS) you are on the right track just make sure you do it often.
    You will be weighing 155 before you know it. GL ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Holy moly, ash9724, how did you lose 20 on WW in such a short amount of time?? I'm curious, really. I'm doing WW right now and workout and I'm losing abou 1-3 lbs per week. I'd love to hear? :)

OP- I would tell you to join WW. It works and it's healthy. GL
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I wrote down every calorie I ate all day for a few weeks just to see what I was REALLY eating....no snacks,except maybe an apple, no sodas, no desserts unless it is a non fat yogurt or sherbet and lots of walking! Fast walking. At least a half hour a day. That is about all.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Follow a liquid diet such as Slim Fast or other protein shakes for the two weeks. A shake for dinner, a shake for lunch and a Lean Cuisine or similar for dinner. Then after you have to stick to a high protein, low carb lifestyle that includes activity. You can't do liquid meals for the rest of your life, but you can jump start a change with them.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• sorry that should say a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a meal for dinner....
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010