sex during pregnancy?

Hi all-
I'm 33 weeks pregnant and have been feeling extremely undesirable the last few months. I started 'showing' at about 26 weeks. Since then, DH doesn't want to have sex with me... at all. Before I got pregnant, and even before I developed my baby bump, he would want it ALL THE TIME. I couldn't walk into a room without him trying to manhandle me.
He says he now feels very uncomfortable doing it knowing his child is inside of me. Yet, I can't help but feel that it's the change in my appearance that is turning him off. He was fine f#%$ing me before I starting showing. So, WTF? Mild rant, but my real questions are: Am I the only woman who's SO didn't want to have sex with her during pregnancy? Also, do you think things will return to normal after the baby is born?

LuvMySavage

Asked by LuvMySavage at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal for SO to feel that way. This is only because this whole experience is new to them and has nothing to do with not having a desire for you. Do you keep him informed about the changes to your body and the baby? Sometimes understanding can help him to feel that sex wont hurt the baby but not showing interest in you is hurting you.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• that's a very jerk thing of him to do. you're pregnant and can't help the bump, he knew the baby was there before you started showing so his excuse is bull..that's very shallow
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think some guys get weird about having sex while their child is inside there wife/girlfriend. My hubby didn't have that problem lol..he wanted it all the time nothing changed and honestly I was more horny during my pregnancy then I am now. Your not the only one tho, I've seen that post before on here and I'm sure it's very common. Just be calm and patient and help him to understand that it doesn't hurt the baby and your still a women who has needs and you need him. :) Have your OBGYN explain this to him as well.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• there were times when my husband didn't want to do it because he thought it would hurt the baby.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 11:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Hey Girl,
    Well its normal for men to want to stop having sex after we start showing, why? I think its because reality sinks in, and their like "wow, theres a kid in there...so Im afraid to poke it or something", which honestly he wont, the baby is cushioned very well. Also, because he might be afraid to hurt you.....since you probably have been complaing about how much you been hurting that last couple of months. Also, its ok and completely normal to feel undesireable esp. at this stage....you feel uncomfratble and a little on the big side....all normal....just relax and be patient, let your body prepare itself again for sex, who knows you might get in the mood again in 2-3 weeks....im not going to say things are going to be completely the same after this baby, but for the most part it should....Good luck to you and talk to him about how you feel....Best wishes
    Marinewife7-18

Answer by Marinewife7-18 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Wow, I never thought about this! I hope Dh still makes love to me!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 5:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my first pregnancy we had sex a total of like 5 times..lol he was scared to do anything!!! It happens guys are the the smartest ..everything turned to normal aftwards and this time around with baby #2 it hasn't changed a thing I think he even wants it more... the babies will be 6 years apart and I think daddy is a little wiser know.. it's awsome lol

hold in there he is just being a guy!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010