Is it safe for me to have sex, before my 6th wk check-up?

Hey ladies,

I just had a baby a month ago, and I was told no sex for six weeks. I was just wondering if its ok if I do it before my six weeks are up? I have two more week, before the six week check up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• you can have sex when you feel ready...if you feel well enough then go for it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• it really depends on stuff -- c section ?? no I'd wait until you check up
    episiotomy? NO WAy until your check up
    otherwise why not
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• if you had a healthy normal delivery with no complications i dont see why it would be a problem but be careful because that is your most fertile time! or you might be holding a 4 week old in your arms again in 9 months! :) also be prepared its not like it used to be.....at least not in my exp. with my daughter i was fine at 5 weeks with my son it was about 4-5 weeks but my last baby was 9.6lbs and although i had tearing and episiotomy with both my others i think he was just too big and did more damage than the others and i couldnt even THINK about being TOUCHED for at least 9 weeks...he is 4 mo old and it is still uncomfortable.
    srqmommy

Answer by srqmommy at 11:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My mother never waited the full 6 weeks... Me, I always prefer to wait between 8 & 12 weeks because of the pain factor. But if you have a high tolerance for pain, go for it. There is a slightly higher chance of infection as well, so make sure that you are both clean before doing anything...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010