How do I cancel my WIC card

My husband just got a job, how do I cancel my WIC card and what kind of information do they need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Go tell them I think. But if you still qualify there is no shame in getting WIC. Atleast I don't think so.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When I was done with WIC, I just stopped reporting to them and stopped going to pick up my coupons. They never called or questioned. But I was just sick of dealing with it, didn't have an income change :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Call them and tell them the change in finances. You might still qualify if you want to continue getting assistance.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't think they need any info.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Just tell them you don't need and don't want them... They will have you sign some "opt out" paperwork, but beyond that, I don't see why they need more than that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• just call and let them know about the new job. Don't just cancel though, you may still qualify so just update your info with them!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The income guidelines are higher then for other programs. Like others said, you may still qualify. You're not required to report he got a job immediately. Whenever your next re-certification is, you take income verification (think they need at least a month's worth of check stubs) & then they will let you know if you still qualify. The vouchers you already have are still yours to use, they wont "cancel" them out on you.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Just call the office and tell them you're opting to not participate in the program anymore as your DH got a job. Or just stop going - if you don't go you don't get the checks, they don't worry about it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• keep it as long as you can--as long as you as still eligable--it is a good program, it helps out alot.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2010