are period type cramps (if not bad) a sure sign of labor?

im feeling like i felt the day before or day of my period. like... kinda blah and definatly abdoman pain, but its not major and its not really coming in any consistant manner, its just like, there. I just feel like im gonna start my period. my mucus plug has been falling apart since yesterday. and my due date was july 1st so now im almost 5 days over due.... i dont want to go to the hospital and get sent home because it was just a little normal cramping but do ya think that it might be a little more than that? or am i just wanting it to be because im soooooo ready. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I started having period like cramping/feelings that would just slightly be noticeable and then go away...all morning the day I went into labor. By late afternoon I was having contrations, and went into the hospital that night. My son was born at noon the next day! I would say that it might be the start of something! I hope at least for your sake...lol.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Trust me, Labor is a pain that one can not mistake, I went in 3 times with cramps, finally my doc said if u can walk and talk, its not REAL labor yet. thats not to say ur not starting to go, when u cant talk or walk with those "cramps" your feeling and they come every 4 minutes apart its time to go! GOOD LUCK MAMA!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my first they gave me something that was supposed to help start labor and that whole night I was awake with cramps so it's possible!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 11:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2010