HPT need as many comments possible

Ok, so let me start off by saying i'm almost three months with out a period. meaning late. Well i have taken hpt and also the doctor did one but it was negative, i got tomorrow for ultrasound see what is going on. But i do not understand could i be pregnant we are trying , but we had stopped actually trying jsut leaving it and going with the flow. would love some advice. Did anyone never show through the pee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With HPT there is the chance of the false positive. A viable pregancy will have HCG hormones which double daily. This can be better detected in the blood. The doctor can do a blood test to check for HCG level which are only present in women who are expecting.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The first time I took a test when I was pregnant with my 2nd son, it said "negative". Still no period. I went to planned parenthood. They did a test. Said "negative". Still nothing for a few more weeks. Finally, went to the clinic at the hospital. They did a test & finally told me yes, I was pregnant. I was really beginning to wonder! I have heard of some women never showing a positive on a pee test.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I've heard of many people never testing positive on a pregnancy test. I think another mom on here last night commented that she took a HPT at 8 months pregnant and it was negative! Blood tests are your best bet, but I've heard pregnancy can fool those as well. Are you having any weird symptoms other than the absent period? Good luck to you tomorrow! Let us know!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It is a lot more common than you think for women to show a "false negative" on a HPT. Blood tests are the most reliable.

Good luck :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• im having all the sypmthms and every hpt is saying neg, and we dont understand ive never had all these things happen like are related!
    so good luck
    usmcgruntwife

Answer by usmcgruntwife at 2:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• false positives almost never happen with a hpt but false negatives happen all the time
    good luck!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2010