teething

My baby still doesnt have any teeth yet..but she has all symptoms of teething for the last few months..but the past few days have been terrible..she is waking up all night long, droolin like crazy, biting everything and now sounds like she has a cold but i think its from teething. I gave infants ibuprofin, orajel, cold pappies, teething rings, etc, but she is still uncomfortable. I am making a dr. appt. tomorrow just for her to check her out.

anyone go through this have any more ideas?

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds exactly like my son right before his first few teeth started popping through. It was all the normal signs of teething Xs 10!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• no oragel!!!! hylands teething tablets
    EmandMike

Answer by EmandMike at 11:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• those teething tablets work wonders!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Omg goodness I love the teething tablets! I've got 4 kids 2 of which I have need them for! They are wonderful!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My son had the worst sympotoms right before the teeth broke through...it was awful but after the first 4 you hardly notice teething as much. There are still symptoms just not nearly as bad as the first few. Hang in there momma it does get better
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My daughter didn't get her first tooth until 9-10 months. She completely stopped eating for a few days before her first tooth popped through, then she was fine! The teething tabs did help with the discomfort.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• thanks..i will def try the teething tablets. I actually bought gentle naturals by disned homeopathic teething drops and she finally slept last night :)
    kyliegirl28

Comment by kyliegirl28 (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I was going to say Hyland's Teeting tablets but everyone has said it. Google the teething tablets though because there has been a few cases of serious issues from them because one of the main ingredients is Belladonna which is a poision. Dont freak out about it though there are symptoms that you should keep and eye out for while you use it. I still use them with my son but I always keep an eye out for anything unusual.
    JenniferQ24

Answer by JenniferQ24 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Don't medicate. honestly, it will give 30 minutes of relief at best and you can easily over medicate and also make them less effective. no oragel, it can make it worse. plus it can burn and numbs everything but where the ache is. put some in your mouth to see why.

time, patience, sitting upright, nursing, cold, teethers or fruit and affection are the best remedies.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I am using teething tabs, gripe water, cold wash clothes (my baby seems to like the texture of the cloth better than the teething rings) and a lot of cuddles!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010