At what age did your son/sons get interested in girls?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Both of my son's had interest in girls from about pre-k to 1st grade, this is when they started coming home saying I have a girl friend her name is x that pretty much lead into my first discussions about relationships. We had play dates with the various girls and always had co-ed parties. They are both 12 & 15 now and while they are both interested in girls, neither is interested in dating or single relationships, they prefer to be out in groups and just remain friends. I wouldn't allow any dating until they are 16 anyway as far as one on one dates, but my boys really have no interest in this. They prefer to have a fun and not be "tied down", I think seeing their friends have to bail out of things or not be able to do things because the 'gf' said so has them rethinking the importance of needing any kind of serious relationship right now.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i am curious as well, my son is 13 and he's aware of them but not actually "interested".

trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Since Pre-school. He came home and informed me that he had a girlfriend named Lydia and was going to marry her one day. He was 3. He has had a "girlfriend" every year since then. He has always showed interest in girls.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My oldest is 4... He already likes girls... My youngest is 3 and couldn't care less...

My DH said he was about 12 the first time he started to really "notice" girls...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My son is 10 and I haven't seen any signs of it yet.

Krissy21

Answer by Krissy21 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Enough to actually ask a girl over was 9th grade but all 3 had a particular girl in each grade of elementary but when they hit middle they became to shy to actually act like they liked a girl.Though luckily they will tell us or older siblings about the one.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• in preschool he started coming home and telling me he had a crush on certain girls or that a certain girl was his girlfriend. at 9 he had started to write his "girlfriend" little love notes at school and i occasionally let him get the girl of his choice a gift at christmas and valentines. he is about to turn 10 and has recently started talking to me about his friends kissing girls and about girls that he wants to kiss but is scared to because he has never done it before.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2010