My mother asked if it would be ok to take my 10 month old to AK to visit his cousins and his aunt...

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I would probably enjoy the time alone for the first day or two (I'm a single mother, so even minutes alone a VERY few and far in between) but after the first or second day I'm pretty sure I would be a crying mess. 7 days is a lifetime to a 10 month old, I'm scared he will forget me and be scared of me when he comes back (as he doesn't like strangers) both my other sisters aloud this yearly vacation with our mother and father, all4 other grandchildren have traveled with them for anywhere between 4days-2weeks, they all came back safe and happy.
Would you let your 10 month old travel across country with grandparents, and leave you for a weeks time? :(

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 11:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldnt that seems to young to be letting them go for a week.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would be worried too. I would actually worry about how much I miss my child.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 11:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Personally, no.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't but since you're the parent than it is your decision.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think that is a long time for a ten month old IF he/she isn't already comfortable with the people taking them. If he's comfortable with them though I think it is just fine. It really depends on the child. But you also need to feel at ease about this and it doesn't sound like you can be. Following your instincts is always your best answer!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No. I would NEVER let my 10 month old go that far away. I'm a single mom too, so I understand. But NEVER.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No. I wouldn't even consider it...but that's just me. My son is 11 months old and hasn't been away from me for more than a few hours, only a handful of times. If you think you'd be uncomfortable with it after a day or 2, I suggest not letting him go. Its not like he's just down the street and you can drive and pick him up you know?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• He loves his nanny and pop, he really does! spends A LOT of time with them, they watch him while I work. I'm more worried about me than him. :(
    JnCV

Comment by JnCV (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my parents said the same thing to about my kids they wanted to take a 7 hour drive to colorado now i know they are great drivers but no way im sorry i would not let them take my babies. and what about you can you go?? That is what i asked my parents when they asked if they could take my babies lol
    hsammygirl

Answer by hsammygirl at 11:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my mom would know to not even ask that.... can you go with her ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010