My SIL drives me crazy!!!

Awhile ago my SIL asked me to come to TX to visit her and my brother and their girls. That would be great but she wanted me to come alone......w/o my hubby and kids. When I told her that I didn't think I would do that she accused me of being over protective. My bro and SIL go on vacation all the time and let their girls with anyone that will take them (including me). She is the type of mom that goes to work to get away from her kids. When she's at home she ignores them and makes her hubby do everything for them. I'm not that kind of mother and she is extremely ignorant to me because of it. She said "Are you afraid they might decide they like someone better than you?". What do you say to that w/o causing problems in your family? Anyway, I told her no and now she won't talk to me, she calls my mom and complains about me. Her kids are coming up soon to stay w/my parents and she told them they can't see me. What do I do

colethky

Asked by colethky at 11:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow, I don't know what to do, but she seems like she's a total psycho. lol Does your mom even believe her? It's really weird she's ask you to come visit alone...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Let it go. Life is too short. She deals with her kids how it feels right for her. You deal with yours how it feels right for you. Parenting styles differ. Let her be the one causing the drama and steer clear of it. That's what I would do anyway.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• "no, I just actually *like* my children". I'm snarky and would cause family issues. Which is why I'm not married.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My mom doesn't believe anything she says but she does feel like she needs to respect her wishes. When my nieces were born I babysat them from almost day 1 up until they went to school. We have more than an Aunt/niece relationship. The girls cried when she said that they couldn't see me. My mom was so upset (she was on the phone with my SIL when she told her girls this), she called me and begged me to "fix" it. Personally I don't think I need to "fix" it. I did nothing wrong, but seeing my mom hurting like this is pits :(
    colethky

Comment by colethky (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can't imagine how she belittles you and then expects you to come for a visit.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• what a stupid immature controlling bitch. that may be the reason why she can't seem to go without her family. if i'm going across the country and it can be worked out with time and finances, you best believe my family is coming with me - especially if it's to visit other family members. does your mom plan on going along with that nonsense?? call your brother and deal with him instead.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• just saw your response - tell your mom the situation and how you feel. it's one thing to respect the crazy woman's wishes if it's about discipline or you are a bad person to be around, but really she should grow a pair and explain she will not be put in the middle of such silliness.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2010