Going to school for the first time is there pell grants or grants that I don't have to pay back.

sunkist332002

Asked by sunkist332002 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in

• Yes, if you qualify for pell grant you will ot have to pay it back. There's probably other grants you can get that you won;t have to pay back. Some you may have do essays for, though. Check with your financial aid office at your college of choice. They'll have any info you need.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It all depends on your financial need. Pell grants don't need to be paid back and there are subsidized student loans for people in need that are guaranteed thru the government. I don't know all the financial asst. available, but I know that there is work study programs for people who need it, good luck.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yes, grants are available that you do not have to pay back. any kind of "loan" does have to be paid back. you can talk to your school's financial aid office to find out what kind of options you have. to apply for federal student aid, google FAFSA, and you can apply online and then have them send your application to your school, it's actually very easy to apply, and simple.

talk to your school's financial aid office too, they'll be able to help A LOT.
    good luck, and congrats on going back to school! :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks working on going back haven't made it there yet
    sunkist332002

Comment by sunkist332002 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• There are lots of scholarships available: http://www.fastweb.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• *all grants are money that you dont have to pay back, and so are scholarships
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 1:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

Next question in
Graduate School

Next question overall (Relationships)
My SIL drives me crazy!!!