How long should I keep the bed for them?

I recently bought my son a new toddler bed and I didn't need the old one anymore so I put it on craigslist in the "free" section. Then my husband's sister tells me she would like the bed for her daughter so I took the ad down. That was about a week ago and she and her boyfriend have made no effort to come get the bed.I have mentioned it twice and they said that they would "pick it up today" but then they didn't. I live in an apartment and I can't store this bed for them forever. I would just take it to their house except I don't have a car. How long should I give them before giving the bed to someone else?

jamesmommy512

Asked by jamesmommy512 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Id give them one more week and let them know if they dont come and get it by the end of the week you will be giving it to someone else
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Tell them when you're getting rid of it and if they don't get it than put the add back up.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Tell them that you are going to put the ad up tomorrow if they haven't picked it up.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would put it outside your apartment and call and tell them they better come get it before someone else picks it up. I bet they come over within 30 minutes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• So many good answers to choose from! I'm glad I don't have to choose one :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. Call them and tell them you don't have room for the bed and that if they don't come get it you are either putting it outside for anyone to take, or are putting it back on craigslist.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• put the bed on the sidewalk with a free sign on it or call a goodwill store to pick it up. your sister had her chance to get the bed. ask around someone else need a bed.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would tell them on Friday it is going to charity.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010