House Fire

how many of you have been through a house fire?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• thankfully only once and I was little when it happened so I don't even remember it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I haven't, but DH has. Several, actually. He was adopted by his crazy grandmother and she use to burn houses and collect the insurance. She almost got caught once and had to go to court. She stopped after that, but she'd already collected over $100,000 dollars worth of money from several different houses. The last one my DH almost died. He was 10. That woman was crazy as hell!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Why in the world did this lady think it was okay to do something like that, seriously, people would do anything for money.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my mom's house just burned down (today :() and a year ago (literally almost to the day, two days) my sister's burned down. . . :( I am thinking we are cursed. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• OMG renea! that is crazy!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• when I was little it wasn't a house fire really, but all of base housing fire. . . That was a scary ordeal. . .(I was 3)
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh gosh, you guys have no idea! This woman was insane! I could tell ya'll stories that would make your jaws drop!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I was through two but i was really little so i don't remember either.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I was 6 or 7 when we had a chimney fire. Because of a crack in the lining of the chimney, the fire burned a 3+ ft. hole above the fireplace. We lived 5 minutes from the firehouse & they couldn't figure out how to get to our house. We live on a dirt road a ways back from the main road. It was a wonder the house didn't burn to the ground.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2010