Are you close with your mom?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not & it breaks my heart. My father passed when I was 11 & instead of being a mom, she became my friend. I started smoking at age 12 & we would share cartons together...that's how bad it was. When I was 16, she met a guy & two months later was pregnant & another month later was engaged. The man is the total opposite of who my father was. I started getting into a lot of problem as a teenager...I could go on for a while. lol Now I'm 27 years old and STILL trying to work on our close relationship. I mean, it's so bad I don't get invited to come over for Christmas. THAT'S sad....even in my rebelious years, I didn't do anything bad enough to not be invited to holiday celebrations!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 1:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes very close, we talk few times a day and also my sister.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Very close. She's my best friend. We talk often and see us other about once a week. She's only 1/2 mile from me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I was. she's no longer living.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I am very close now. A lot closer than when I was younger. It wasn't until I was in my early 20's that I learned about her childhood and came to understand why she is the way she is. We talk almost daily and see each other at least once a week. I'm very lucky. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• no trying to work on it
    sunkist332002

Answer by sunkist332002 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Its love hate, we are very diferent but I love her. Used to call her every week, but when she gets stressed she gets real mean so I gave up for now.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• she thinks we are but i just talk to her cause I get bored.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No ,I tried for years I am 52 but gave up about 10 or 12 years ago.She has serious boundary issues.She knows what is best for absolutely everything everywhere all the time and if you don't do as she says she goes for the jugular.As my sis says mom doesn't stop till she draws blood.So though we live in the same city I limit our time with her except for celebrations ,her doc appointments that limits her time to attack.About a 10 days ago I felt sorry for her so we went to lunch ,kept it light till she brought up my uncle, her brother will never stay at her house again due to an argument she had with my uncles 5 year SO they live together.She seemed very sad so I told her perhaps she would have to be the bigger. more mature, more family person and reach out.Uh ya I clearly hate her,love uncle's so over her, and on and on.It is sad.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yup shes been there for me through a lot. I wish she wasn't so judgemental and that she didn't always have to share her opinion, but in the end I know I can count on her, which is something I can not say for a lot of people
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010