Coughing while pregnant

I'm about 15 weeks and I keep getting a tickle in my throat that makes me cough. It wakes me up at night hence I'm here posting about it. Did this happen to anyone else when you were expecting? It's like the extra mucus drips down my throat, but I can't take anything for it.

maxswolfsuit

Asked by maxswolfsuit at 1:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it at least once during each of my 3 pregnancies. I would be so tired that I would cough quite a bite while I was sleeping. My dh always woke me up to ask me if I was okay. That cough drove us crazy. I always drank some water to try to get the tickle to go away. If it didn't go away, I slept on the couch, which was my choice.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I actually had a cough a week ago or so, and I started to cough in my sleep and CHOKE! But, it has sense went away!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yeah I dont think it's pregnancy. I had that before and it really hard to control and the doc said I had laryngitis or something like that. I was prescribed Tussinex and it was also from dripping nasal passages.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I doubt it's pregnancy related, but the insomnia could be :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I know it's from the pregnancy because my sinuses have been horrible and my OB said that's common during pregnancy. I think it's post nasal drip.

maxswolfsuit

Comment by maxswolfsuit (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010