Do you think the first time you have sex sets the tone for the rest relationship?

I mean, if the sex is bad the first time will it continue to stay awful? Or if its great will it stay great? And I just mean the sex part, not the "whole" relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• It's usually awkward the 1st time and doesn't determine the rest of the times.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Not really, but the first time you have sex with anyone affects how you see them for quite a while. I don't think it's a permanent effect on the relationship.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Nah, we were both inexperienced and had no real idea what we were doing. We've gotten better at it since!
    But, there were a lot of laughs the first time, and we do a lot of laughing in and out of the bedroom now.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think sex with someone for the first time is usually awkward. It takes time to learn what they like and how they want different things done. After a while its not a big deal to discuss sex and be specific about what you want without worrying they'll think you're a freak.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The longer we are married, the better our love life gets, as you get to know them on all the different levels better it becomes so much more satifying, besides the nerviousness of would I look silly to him if I tried "-something new-" goes away and you can trust your judgement on what things work the best for both of you. Every year gets better in bed, as long as your not a selfish lover.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• usually but there are exceptions to that!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes and No, You can tell alot about the spark between you and someone that first time but there is always room for it to be better and normally is better as you learn each others likes and dislikes and become more comfortable with the other person.

If the first time you feel like it was just going though the motions then more than likely it will not be something that will get better, if that first time you feel that electric excitement that takes your breath away then yeah your probably in for a great sex life.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yes the first time sets the tone for the rest of the relationship.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• it depends how you look at the first time you had sex and who with. we all get better with time.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Heck no. The first time for me with anyone was never the best sex. It always got better as we got more comfortable with each other. What did set a tone for me and hubby is after the first time he held me close for a few hours. This made an impression on me.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2010