Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does DHS help with rent and utilities?

I am a single mom and getting ready to go to school in the fall. I make about $800 a month which pays for past debt, baby items, and every day uses. I live with my parents right now and they help me out alot with babysitting while I'm at work but I'm 26 and wanting to be of on my own. I know I'm probably better of where I'm at but does government or DHS or anyother program help out single moms with bad credit and short on cash?


Asked by daisy06 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in

Level 1 (2 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • You could also call your local dept. of public welfare and speak to a social worker to see what programs you may be eligible for.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

  • DHS is does not but HUD does. Call your local HUD department and ask them the process it takes to get help with rent.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

  • there are all kinds of programs. hud. food stamps. wic. cash assistance. grants. money for bills. phone service. medical insurance.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

  • thanks. i'll talk with hud

    Comment by daisy06 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010