My daughter looks like her daddy...

Which is no big deal, she's beautiful. But her eyes are one of the two things that are "mine" and his family keeps saying they look like this grandparent or that, and it's really making me angry. They are EXACTLY the same color as mine. I know it's silly, but geez do they have to keep saying she looks nothing like me?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's what sometimes inlaws are good for. Is to annoy you like crazy. Just ignore them. You know best.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• another lovely perk of having in laws.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yeah that would be frustrating! Even rude. Sorry :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• lol, i thinki t is like that with all families. I have even seen it growing up there was a huge debate about who i look like but my parents look as if they could be sister and brother lol so i know i look like both of them. My daughter looks like her daddy but i am in there i can see it, I know she is mine, her looking like daddy is only part of who she is, she has my attitude and no one can deny that lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well, technically and scientifically, in order for his eyes to be a certain color the trait needs to be on both sides. So you having X colored eyes is a gene the same X gene needs to be on his side too somewhere in order for your children to have that X color eye too.

But next time you can just say, "Or maybe he has those color eyes because I do?" :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yeah i tend to get annoyed im like well he might not to you BUT I HAD HIM IN ME FOR 9 MONTHS SO PLEASE SHUT UP ALRAEDY!
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 2:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• sorry ***his meant to be her*** her eyes not his eyes
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think my son looks just like my side of the family, and everyone keeps saying he looks like DH. NO, he acts like DH, but he TOTALLY looks like my brother!! Lol, it drives me crazy too
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 2:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It's one thing to make an insensitive remark, but it is definitely maddening when people repeatedly say something that bothers you.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my younger brother and i look like twins, we really do look exactly alike and we both look like our dad, there is no resemblence to our mom at all yet she tries to say he looks like her and he and i don't look alike despite the fact that EVERYONE else sees that we do look alike and just like our father. she's the only one who refuses to see the facts and i think it's because subconsciously mom's just want their kids to look like them so they try to see something that isn't there. i'm not trying to disagree with you because i haven't seen you or her but the two situations sound very similar
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2010