Where in the bible does it allow racism?

Maybe I am reading it wrong but I don't see how racism can be justified bibically(can not spell that and spell check isn't working orry).

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My3littlegirls....PLEASE show me what verse(s) you derived that from. I mean directly, not taken out of context and used to suit you. Because as far as I know the Bible does not state race to be a reason not to date or marry someone.

**There are a few incidental mentions of race in the Bible (e.g., that Ethiopian's skin was different, Jeremiah 13:23), but there is nothing saying one race is superior to another. Moses was married to a Cushite (Ethiopian) woman (Numbers 12:1-16), and God was angry with Aaron and Miriam for criticizing that marriage.
    **The Hebrews were forbidden to marry Canaanites (Exodus 34:10-17; Deuteronomy 7:3-4). The reason was because the Canaanites worshipped idols, not because of race; the Hebrews and Canaanites were racially similar.
    **The apostle Paul encouraged Christians not to marry unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14), but here again, the reason was religious, not racial. CONTD
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• From what i can remember, there was always some group of people against another group, whether it be for religious reasons or different race reasons.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't know the bible well enough to answer that but who says that it does allow it? I don't think I've heard that before...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Moses and Pharoah? Hebrews and Eygyptians I believe? And Others I'm sure i read?
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I didn't think racism was allowed in the bible. But I am adding in my two cents to make this easier to track so I can see what others have to say about this.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think it condones the racism between Egyptians and Hebrews in any way though...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• oh, sorry mrs2323, I was directing that at the main question.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'm not saying it's condoned, it's just been going on forever. We wish it wasn't around, but it's just here. Rich against poor, tall against short, it's just a fact of life, not that it's acceptable, it's just here.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• CONTD:

Jesus and His apostles taught that we must respect and show compassion for all people of God's creation without regard to artificial distinctions like race and nationality. In His Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37), Jesus told of a Samaritan man who was kind to a Jewish man even thought they were enemies of different religions, nationalities and ethnic backgrounds. At the end, Jesus tells us, "Go and do likewise."

The Apostle Paul banned all discrimination based on race, social status, etc. among Christians:

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (NIV, Galatians 3:26-28)

If I am wrong I am woman enough to accept that. So if you please, tell me where it says its wrong. TY
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It does say that we shouldn't intermix (blacks, whites, spanish, etc.) which I completely agree with.

You realize this can be seen as thinnly veiled racism right.?

Nothing VEILED ABOUT THAT RACISM

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010