How do you deal with a very over emotional pregnant sister?

My twin sister is pregnant with her second child. with her first it was like no body could even talk to her without getting snapped at. she was unbearable. she is at the very most 3 months along right now and it's obvious the whole pregnancy is going to be the same!! I just don't know if I can handle it this time around because I am pregnant too (18 weeks) and I really don't want to stress myself out either. She is always bitchy and always saying really mean and hurtful things to everyone around her. we got into a HUGE argument a couple weeks ago, so i haven't talked to her much since then, but i still have to see her at my parents' and other get togethers (we are a very close family). So I guess i would just like to know what you would do? I love my sister, but should I have to just suck it up and deal?

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 3:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would just tell her she's being Bitchy...

My 12 year old sister even told me I was being a bitch, I don't agree with her using that word, but she said there was no other way to describe me. I got the hint and was more conscious of it after.

So maybe if you just tell her she's being bitchy and it's annoying you then she'll get the hint and stop.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with the PP why not just tell her you can blame it on your hormones too :P
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• LOL, I don't have an issue with pregnant woman who snap and bitch. In fact, I was one of those woman that snapped and bitched. I do however have a problem when pregnant woman either complain the whole entire pregnancy or try to have every single thing be about them at any given moment.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would either ignore her and keep smiling the whole time and don't bash her or talk about her at the get~togethers, OR I would totally have everyone sit down and tell her to her face, "You have been a bitch to me and I know you're pregnant, but you're not the only Princess around here right now! I'm pregnant , too! You need to treat others how you want to be treated, because I'm sick of you treating us like crap, and I'm about to start letting you completely have it."

PS. I have said this to my sister before!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 5:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Bump!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 5:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2010