How can I stop my dd from sticking her hand down the back of her diaper??

It's gross because she'll do this when she had just pooped.

and sometimes she'll slide her hand in the front part of her diaper in attempt to feel her vagina.

She then gets urine or poop on her hand UGH....

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good luck with that. My dd does the same stuff and it drives me nuts. Not so much because she gets pee on her hands...but just because two year olds have no discretion when it comes to whose there when she'd doing it! Plus, it's just gross in general because I wonder how many times she does it and we don't catch her...and then she has us kissing her hands or she eats or something. Bleh. Hope someone answers!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• how old is she? she might be ready to start potty training. . . each kids is ready at a different age. . . mine was training roughly around one and fully trained by two. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• almost 17 months
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 4:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would try introducing the concept of potty training and see if she takes to it. . . obviously don't be pushy or negative about it cause that is more likely to make her not want to potty train. Start giving her the option, it may be that she just doesn't like the feel of a dirty diaper and is ready for the next step.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My daughters been doing this for awhile, just not in poopy diapers, if its wet or even if its not, she's 2 and we've been working on potty training. I just pull her hand out, tell her thats yucky, and wash her hands. Sometimes it stops her for awhile, sometimes she goes back to it, suppose some of it is her discovering herself, but I discourage it every time I see her do it and most of the time she seems to understand now.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 5:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010