I think I've lost faith in the human race.....

Why are there so many evil ppl in the world.... I'm getting to the point that I feel like being the honest/good person doesn't get you anywhere... these scandelous ppl are getting everything in life while I struggle day to day..... sorry.... more of a vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sorry you feel that way. I think most people are good, it's just that evil people get our attention more. Life isn't meant to be easy, and these people who seem to have everything don't seem to appreciate it or understand what they have. Watching TV you only see a small percent of people who "hit the jack pot" by being scandalous, this doesn't work for most of us, so don't use them as a yard stick for your life.

Being honest does get you somewhere, you have respect from others and yourself.  I live in Michigan and I can watch what is happening to  the ex-Mayor of Detroit and everyone around him to know that trying to con people all the time isn't the answer and eventually you pay the price, even if you get away with bad stuff for years, it eventually catches up to you. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• PS. People can see your name even if you click ANON!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't see the OP's name anywhere, smokisses
    siochana

Answer by siochana at 6:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It is funny you should post this. My husband always says we do the right thing and do not cheat or anything and still get crapped on. But I will always do the right thing and persevere because at least I can sleep at night. I still always continue to try to see the best in people till they prove me wrong.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 7:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with mollgirl 100%!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Agree with mollgirl.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would tend to agree, but I can't lose something I never had. That being faith in the human race. Karma will catch up to them sooner or later so I don't even worry about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Those scandalous people tend to crash and burn too...

Slow and steady wins the race

Besides, I don't care how anyone else lives, I couldn't live with myself If I acted like some other people...

As long as I can sleep at night, I am good with me

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It is sad when you see all these bad people getting the riches and fame and all that stuff. But ultimately you have to look at the way they live there lives and think do you want to live like that? My answer is no. I do NOT want to live like that. That is not the way God wants me to live my life and that's not the way I will. Yes it is sad that they do these things and it is sad that it seems they have the "good" life, but ultimately they are the ones who lose int he end and the others that were good people are the ones that persevere in the end. Hang in there, it'll get better!!!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 9:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I see what you mean, but you have to hold true to yourself regardless. Rise above those other people. I have to remind my self of this daily. The evil is rampant, and it IS scary, and it's sad. I feel ya, girl.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010