How can I get the kitten my family and I want?

I put a deposit on a kitten back in the beginning of May, the breeder sent pics and videos my family fell in love with her, and then all of a sudden 8 days before I was to pick her up she tells me that the kitten is sick, I am heartbroken my kids are heartbroken. Then I get an email saying she lied she did not want to part with the kitten. What can I do?

Mistress_Moon

Asked by Mistress_Moon at 6:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pets

• umm, why were you heartbroken? So, you don't think you can nurse a sick baby back to health? I'd be ashamed if you tried to get a different cat due to that!
    I've only gotten sick animals to nurse them back to health...
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The kitten is perfectly healthy, and I was going to nurse her back to health, I kept on the breeder and she had to come forward to tell me she lied to me, the kitten is fine she just wants to keep it. I want the baby cat, my family and I are in love with her so much.
    Mistress_Moon

Comment by Mistress_Moon (original poster) at 6:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• so she still has your deposit!? get your cat. send the law after them!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• PS. Good luck, go rescue your cat.
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wish I could but what can I do. She wants to return the deposit but I want her to keep my money, and give us the kitten we love her too! How can someone do that to another person. How can I as a mom hurt my kids like this because of what someone said. My 7 year old was crying he could get the kitty, and then I start crying with him because I want the little girl too!
    Mistress_Moon

Comment by Mistress_Moon (original poster) at 7:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• What she did was wrong but your only choice is to take her to court. Why not let her send the money back and you guys go to the SPCA or look on petfinder.com for kittens in your area? It feels great to save an animal and will teach your children a great lesson. I promise you, your kids will get over missing the kitten you had picked out when they get into finding a new one. The first time you step into the shelter they will go nuts wanting every cat there. (why not get 2? Thats what I did) She was wrong but at least the kitten will have a good home and some other kitten can be saved by you and your family.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with itsmesteph11 completely!
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I understand the "grief" for not getting the kitten. Do you know if this is a reputable person or do they run a "kitty mill" so to speak, where they breed and interbreed, etc.? There are puppy and kitten breeders like that, they do it for the money. They produce unhealthy animals and sometimes they are genetically deformed etc. Maybe you were after a particular breed. You might consider going to a rescue center and getting a kitten or cat that way. I got my favorite cat from my vet, I let him know I wanted one if a litter was dropped off. They called me and I went and got it.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• Joysings,

She is only breeding a few times a year with a few dames, not really a kitty mill. I have adopted before, but I fell in love with this particular breed, and the baby will be spayed and have her shots so it is a fair deal.

Reputable and trustworthy is the question on the table now. How one person can toy with emotions such as this person did is uncalled for and leads me to believe that.

I am able to get the kitten now, the person says I will get her, I have to pick her up soon... I just hope they show with the kitten.
    Mistress_Moon

Comment by Mistress_Moon (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2010