I don't have enouh energy to stay up 15 hours a day now!

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and I can't stay up all day! Any suggestions on what I can do to help with this exhaustion?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 7:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• take a nap!
    honestly, your body is building a baby. take a nap, and eat well. go for a short walk a day too!
    congratulations on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Definitely take a nap, or two! I remember being exhaused my entire pregnancy except for the very last month. It sucked, but I slept A LOT! Congrats on your pregnancy.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Nope no suggestions here. You'll get your energy back in a month or so until then your hubby will have to call and wake you up about a half hour before he gets off.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• But, I take a nap and won't wake up! That is seriously funny because I totally slept for about 5 hours the other day and left my poor Dh at work for almost an hour! He was really nice about it, but I cried...

smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• that's normal for first trimester. I go to bed at 8pm everyday during the first 3 months, b/c your body is changing a lot everyday so it gets tired. You will gain back your energy on your second trimester. Just take a lot of rest, not much you can do other than take nap.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You just have to listen to your body and sleep as much as you need. I was constantly fatigued until 16 weeks with this one. I don't remember it being nearly as long with my first.
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 11:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2010