how do you deal with stepkids when they dont have disapline at ther other house

petr037

Asked by petr037 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• if you have not been a part of the picture very long, then you let the biological parents deal with it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Easy enough to let the children know that your house rules applies whenever they are there. When they aren't that is not your worry. Put it on paper and the consequences. Have your spouse help you with this so its a combination and you will have back up. Good luck!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 7:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Im a very active father in there live's.My new wife is having trouble,dealling with my daughter.My daughter's mother feeds her with a bunch of bull.My wife tries to help my daughter,but she won't open up.We have been married 15 mounth's now
    petr037

Comment by petr037 (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Explain your house rules clearly and calmly. Make it a positive experience for them to be at your house. Try to think of things that the children can do with each of you. Make sure they get lots of praise, too, for what they do right. And tons of affection.
    Your wife needs to show your daughter that she is a good person by her acts and deeds. She needs to be caring, loving, and try to ignore anything negative. The kids will see for themselves she is a good person. Maybe it should be explained to the kids that they get to judge for themselves what people are like. But no bashing of other parent.. I wish you all the best
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• do you spend quality time alone with your children without your new wife? it could be that your child feels replaced by this new woman. You need to make sure your child knows that they are still loved and deserve attention. "there time". without the wife. Maybe that will relieve some of your childs stress and she and your wife can get along
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We have our own house rules, and expect the kids to follow them. You can't control what goes on at the other house, but you can control what goes on in yours.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My cousin is going through the EXACT problem. Her stepson has not respect for her and his mom and dad dont seem to care. He talks to his dad is very disrespectful ways and he curses like a sailor around his mom. I told her that he is in HER house now. Learn some respect or go back home to your bio-mom. If his dad doesnt make him tow the line, she'll have too. If that child is in YOUR house, then he/she needs to mind.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Petr037, cafemom is for women. What are you doing on here? There's now a Dads Daily for men. I suggest you join that community!
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2010