how to deal with step kids not responding?

My wife is having a hard time dealing with my daughter.I'm a very active father to my kids,and they don't respect thing's i do for them.My wife is trying to befriend my daughter,but the ex wife is doing everything to ruin there relationship.My wife care's alot about my daughter but it frustrate's her that my daighter don't want to be here only when she's here.We've been married for 15 mounth's.

petr037

Asked by petr037 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I answered the other question too, but thought of more. Can you all do some things as a group like some board games. Talk to your daughter and find out what her favorite things to do are. Pick some of those to do as a group and then your wife can do some with her alone. Do the same with all the kids. Sit down with the kids and talk about respect and caring. There must be some good books on this out there too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I do have two boy's and i have two stepdaughters. we tried that,and we got succes,but when my daughter goes back to her mother's house she forget's all and we have to start all over,my wife is very much on cleanlyness and manner's and school,but my ex wife isn't.so everydayit's like starting all over.Our 17 year old step daughter has anger issues because he dosen't want to see the two girls,and they see how much i want to spend time with my kids.And my 17 year old son dosen't come around,he just calls me when he's in fights with my ex.i supply cell phone's to my kids and my daughter dosen't even call me,but when she's with me sh's always texting her mom.
    petr037

Comment by petr037 (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2010