Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever lost their passport?

What happens now? How do I get it replaced?


Asked by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Travel

Level 18 (4,753 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • If you're in a foreign country when you lose it (and, thus you can't come home) then you need to go directly to any US Embassy and they will help you (just google US Embassy in whatever country you're in).

    If you're in America when you lose it (at home, etc) then you need to call the US State Department Lost Passport Line (877-487-2778) and request a new one.

    Answer by ChelseasFamily at 8:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

  • no i havent sorry,

    Answer by san78 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

  • id inform someone asap

    Answer by san78 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

  • In a foreign country find the US embassy. They help you expedite and secure a new pp. in the US call the pp agency and explain your problem. It's not that hard to replace.

    Answer by Sisteract at 1:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2010