Do those "shape up" shoes really work?

I would love ton tone up my legs, thighs and butt. Do those shoes really work? Have you tried them? Did you see a difference in your body?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 8:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• squats,lunges,running,yoga pilates will shape up your legs.
    mrs.pyle

Answer by mrs.pyle at 8:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Ive tried them and they make absoultly no difference unless you are walking ALOT. Plus they look ridiculous.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I am not sure I really want a pair.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 8:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I saw on Dr. Oz that he said they are just a gimmick.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I LOVE my shapeups! They are seriously the best shoe I have ever bought. Worth every penny IMO. I don't know about toning up, but people have mentioned I look like I'm losing weight but what I do notice is that I don't have back problems anymore! Once you break them in they are seriously the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. Honestly I thought they looked stupid too but now, I could care less how they look they are so comfortable.

If you can afford them I would definitely recommend them if for no other reason than comfort, but I do think they do what they say they do.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• why pay for shoes when you can just get up and work out? I hate those comercials cause I work out hard and think I get great results.
    l0v3myg1rl5

Answer by l0v3myg1rl5 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't know if they actually work your muscles more, but mine are pretty comfy and so I end up walking more when I wear them, but then again I guess that would be true of any really comfortable shoe.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• They are designed to make you walk in a way that is exercise. When you see ladies power walking, they are walking heel to toe, and that is what the shape ups kind of force you to do with the way the sole is shaped. So to me, it makes sense that they would work IF you are walking a lot. If you don't walk on a regular basis, and are just wearing them around the office it could be a big waste of money. If however you are wearing them to do all of your errand running and shopping, it could make a difference. I know that as soon as I can afford them, I'm getting a pair.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Hated the shape-ups but loved BMTs.

Besides their commercials are ridiculous.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't know about toning, but I have to say that they help with my back and hip pains. I've had problems with my hips ever since my second daughter was born (9 months ago). By the end of the day I have a lot of pain when I walk in my hips. If I wear these shoes, I don't get the pain. I may look silly, but at least I'm not in pain! LOL.
    sastina

Answer by sastina at 8:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2010