Do you give to charity?

Do you give old things to charity shops? Or give money in the collection boxes? Or give regularly out of your bank account?

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i give to local humane society by volunteering. Also donate to couple of animal rescue org. and ronald mcdonald house.
    catastrophy

Answer by catastrophy at 1:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• give old stuff away 2
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If I had money maybe. The only thing I do is give clothes to Good Will and maybe I'll give a cigarette to a homeless guy.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• dogs trust
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We give every few months (either money, or items). There's a childrens center nearby (where kids go when they're entered into the social services system while they're waiting a foster family) and we often donate some of the kids clothes (that don't fit anymore) or toys to them. We also donate money to the American Red Cross, especially in major disaster times (like the Haiti earthquake, for instance).
    ChelseasFamily

Answer by ChelseasFamily at 8:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We are constantly giving items to Goodwill or Salvation Army. We also donate money to Salvation Army during Christmas time. We try to help out with Boy/Girl Scouts when they're selling cookies. Whenever we go to the store and they're collecting money for March of Dimes or something like that, we always give.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We give toys and clothes away every few months to the Goodwill. As with poptart we also donate as much as we can during the holiday season to the Salvation Army. I also try and make small donations at the stores to Autism, the March of Dimes and other organizations throughout the year.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We give clothes, etc to Good Will and Salvation Army plus a local church store. We made some cash donations to Red Cross for the hurricane relief efforts, etc. But husband is laid off right now so no more cash donations for now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes. I give any clothes, furniture, toys. I hate waste. Especially when there is still some use left and when someone else is in need of it.
    Ibulili

Answer by Ibulili at 8:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes. I give stuff to GoodWill all the time, and donate to the Humane Society here and there, and give a chunk to Heifer Intertaional each Christmas. This is then my "gift" to many friends and coworkers - Heifer givves you a card you can give a friend for eveery $10 you donate. Also anytime stores or restaurants have that "buy a shamrock/hear/whatever for $1" kind of thing, I do it.

I do not donate to tthe Red Cross, as a rule, though I did right after the earthquake in Haiti since it seemed the only efficient way to put my money where it was needed.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2010