how hot to stay inside?

it's only 8:30 in the morning and already a steamy 85 degrees.

how hot does it have to be before you keep the kids in the house for the day?

ibebreezy

Asked by ibebreezy at 8:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I keep them in for anything over 90 until after 3- at least the sun isn't so intense then
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Depends on humidity too. But today might be the day to do it. Don't forget the sunscreen!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If it is really hot, we still go outside but we will do water play only.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with ashisamom. If it's an extremely humid day here, that's really what keeps us in...It's unbearable. If it's just hot we play in the water, eat popsicles and stay in the shade. I would say 90+ w/humidity we stay in.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My daughter is only 10 months, but when she is older, I will never keep her from playing outside because it's too hot. I will make sure she stays hydrated and uses sunscreen if she's not in a shady area, but I wouldn't keep her inside if she wants to play outside. If I know it's going to be a hot day, I might try to get her to play outside first thing in the morning rather than right at midday and then again in the early evening.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• 10am it's 95 with a real feel of 110 with the humidity... we'll be in the pool when the sun is on the other side of the sky but inside for now :)

good luck with that christina. :)
    ibebreezy

Comment by ibebreezy (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• "good luck with that christina. "

I already go out almost everyday with my dogs (they can't be trusted alone) and sometimes it's the middle of the day on a hot day, so I don't really see myself suddenly not going out when it's hot when she gets older and wants to play.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Living in SC it gets pretty hot and humid here. I usually take them out early (before 12) and then later in the afternoon when the sun starts setting. They love to be outside, the only time we stay in is if someone is sick or it's raining.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• we don't really go outside here. it's too hot and too dangerous (snakes, etc). PLUS you can never trust the drivers here on my street--- surely my child will be run over one day.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2010