Does anyone have a good suggestion for a nursing cover...like a blanket to cover while you nurse?

I will be on the go more with this baby and thought one that attached to me would be more useful and comfortable to use.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've never used a "cover" because I was just uncomfortable with them. I always wore a tank top and a shirt on top. If you really want a cover, you can google Udder Covers. They have some great nursing covers!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have one. Bebe Au Lait made it. I got it at Motherhood maternity store.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Udder covers, bebe au lait, hooter hiders...or nothing. Covers scream "try to see this woman's breast!" Whereas NOT covering makes you fairly invisible. And feel free to use a right hook on anyone who bugs you because that means they';re TOO CLOSE. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 9:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thank you guys! I have been going back and forth on if I need one or not....not sure yet. But thanks for the names, I can look them up.

They sure are creative with the names...hooter hiders...lollolololololol
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I like Uddercovers.They are often running great specials where you can get a nursing cover, breast pads and a little nursing bracelet for a very low price. Their material is light so the baby will not get too hot and the top has a nice opening to give some airflow and allow you too keep an eye on your little one. Plus they have very pretty designs. I bought two, and then got one for my SIL.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Here are some of my favorite nursing wraps and covers. With my first baby I used the poncho style covers, but after 2 more babies, I decided I like the apron style ones like the Bebe Au Lait ones I have on that page I linked to. 

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I do what rockinmom does. Tank top under loose shirt.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I always wore a nursing cami, and a baggy tee shirt. Shirt draped around babys face, and if baby pulled off it instantly dropped over and his everything. We had one blanket incident. Lets just say I had a really red face and big grin as my "cover" was removed by the little one who didn't like being covered, and I was exposed for all the world to see!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I like the udder covers... i even bought mine on a special- all i had to pay was shipping
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't believe in the use of nursing covers- they SCREAM for attention. Unless you are flapping in the breeze, 99.99% of people will not even notice what you're doing unless you make a spectacle of yourself by covering up in a noticeable way.

Just buy some nursing cami's if it bothers you- you wear them under your normal shirt, keeps you covered, and your outer layer of clothing keeps you from being exposed while baby nurses, without having to cover them up... I know I wouldn't be able to eat under a stuffy blanket!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010