I really need a job - asap!! Anyone in the Dublin, GA area know of any openings?

I really need a job -asap!

ga-girl80

Asked by ga-girl80 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• have you checked your local newspaper classifieds?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yes, I have checked all newspapers, all websites possible, and i have applied for an endless amount of jobs. I really don't know what else to do. Just looking for suggestions.
    ga-girl80

Comment by ga-girl80 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Try this website to look for one.  31 Dublin, GA Jobs  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• ggod luck. I spent a year trying to find work in Utah...applied for probably 5 or 6 jobs a week and got nowhere- I finally gave up and we moved to Texas. Hoping I have better luck here.
    maybe you can do daycare in your home or something?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010