Anyone else reading books that their teenage daughter recommends?

Yes I've read the Twilight Series and loved it. Now she has me reading a book called "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. So far it's good.

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I suggested a few books to my mom when I was younger. The ones that she read she really liked!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh, and I loved the Twilight series!!! I will have to look into this "Fallen" book!!! I also like the Harry Potter series, and the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Coifer.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You'd probably love the Sookie Stackhouse Series then. There are 10 books so far. They sell the first 9 in paperback at Wal Mart really cheap. They are Twilight for Adults! Very Yummy and Dirty LOL. These are the books that the HBO series TrueBlood is based off of. I love the show but the books are much better. Happy Reading!
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I definitely reccommend the Sookie Stack house novels too! I have Fallen on my to-read list.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 3:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My daughter and I read the same books all the time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I got my mom to read the Twilight series and she loved it so much she stole Breaking Dawn from me right when I was in the middle of the book! Lol.
    IxAmxPintxSized

Answer by IxAmxPintxSized at 6:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• @ Amberrrrrrr ~ Dont you just love the Sookie series? Fallen is good so far. I understand the second book will be out later this year.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 7:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My daughters and I have similar taste in reading (we all love Science Fiction and Fantasy genres especially) so we often recommend books for one another.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 8:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Yes, I have read the Twilight books and she also loves them. She has also read the Vampire novels of Anne Rice that I suggested. We like some of the same stuff so it is fun to read the stuff she likes.
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• If Fallen part of the House of Night series? I love those books.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2010