Anyone else reading books that their teenage daughter recommends?

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I read the Twilight series last year after my 15YO niece started them and said she liked them.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 9:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my daughter borrowed Twilight from a friend and told me I should read it so I diod-we then read them all...
    also the House of the Night books-
    I liked both
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No, but its a great idea. I think I'll ask and give it a try.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• @ Charlotsometimes.......As in "Evernight"?????? I've read those too LOL!

@Lifes-A-Dance.......It really is kind of cool actually. It's not always easy finding things to talk about or in common with your 15/16 yr old.

GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well.. I read teen books because I just dont find the ones in the adult section interesting. I read a series about what happens when an asteroid hits the moon and knocks it out of its orbit. A whole bunch of natural disasters happen, and the book is about families that are trying to survive off of what they have. The books are "Life as we Knew It", "The Dead and the Gone", and "This World We Live In". Im also reading the Alpha series.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• @ SerioussifL...........Not sure what books you prefer but a fun series to read is "The Sookie Stackhouse" series. These are the books that the HBO show TrueBlood is based off of. There are 10 in the series the first 9 are in paperback and you can get them at Wal Mart for about $6.00 each. They are so fun, and dirty LOL I Love them. The first one is "Dead Until Dark" and they go in order from there.
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes I have been reading the Meg Cabot series The Princess Diaries, they are so light hearted and fun and have read a few Trixie Beldon's and Nancy Drew just for a quick afternoon read. I find it very relaxing!
    Kyles

Answer by Kyles at 1:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2010